Thursday 7 April 2011

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

Hi, I’m Molly Cowley, and I played the part of assassin two. I also helped direct our film Organisation XIII.

Our Production Company is panther studios. We got the idea for our logo from the Metro Goldwyn Mayers logo of a lion roaring. MGM make many action films including the James Bond series.

 
A film distributor is responsible for releasing films to the public this can be through cinema or for home viewing. There are many distribution companies some of them are Columbia Pictures, Warner Bros. Pictures and 20th Century Fox. Some of the films Warner Bros. have distributed are the Matrix Series, Terminator and Free Willy. We decided that we wanted to use Universal to mass distribute our media product because they have distributed many independent film titles and have a greater knowledge of the smaller market. This is in contrast to 20th century Fox that focus on distributing Hollywood blockbuster films.

I would have asked for funding from the UK film council but as the council is closing down, I would pitch my film idea to any major film studios and talk to businesses that I think would want to sponsor my film.

The titles in this film include many names some of which are the director, actors, screenplay, set designers and other important roles within the making of this film. We feel that we have credited the people who helped make the film.

I feel our film is institutionally comparative to MGM Production Company, but I think that with our own production company we can produce our films independently differing to MGM.

Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment